(KINDLY NOTE THAT THIS FUNCTION IS NO LONGER BEING PERFORMED BY LUSAKA CITY COUNCIL)
- It’s a legal requirement
- For Primary school enrolment
- It is required when obtaining a National Registration Card or NRC, or passport
- Tertiary education enrolment at a university and college.
- When seeking employment.
- When applying for a visit for stay or work in a different country.
- When opening a bank account for child.
- Copies of NRC for both Parents
- Original records of birth to the child you wish to be registered.
- If the child is above 16 years of age, a copy of the child’s NRC will be
- If the child is born out of wedlock, a Form11 will need to be completed
- If the child was born at home (within Zambia), two independent witnesses should complete affidavit independent witness forms, and
attach copies of their NRCs
- A payment of ZMK 32.25
Importance of birth registration
Procedure and requirements for registration of birth at the Lusaka City Council
The applicant can come to the office for Births, Marriages and Societies at Civic Centre, room 216, Old wing or you can download a Form and complete and submit either personally or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
NB. In a case where a record of birth is absent, the under- five clinic card with affidavit can be presented. Reasons for missing the required documents will be required
required as an attachment