It is rain season again!
LUSAKA City Council would like to urge all residents to maintain high standards of hygiene to avoid any possible outbreak of diarrheal diseases such as cholera and dysentery. To avoid suffering from cholera or dysentery the following measures should be put in place.
- Drink and use safe water that should either be boiled, or treated with chlorine.
- Wash your hands with soap and water before eating and after using the toilet.
- Always use a latrine and avoid defecating in an open environment.
- Cook food well, keep it covered and eat it hot.
- Avoid buying and eating foodstuffs from the street
- Ensure proper disposal of solid waste in appropriate refuse bins
….……Remember cholera is a preventable disease………
Let us work together to prevent any possibility of cholera outbreak in the city by maintaining high standards of personal and environmental hygiene.