The function is under the Public Health Department whose main mandate is to spear head the inspectorate function in accordance with the Public Health Cap 295 and the Food and Drugs Act Cap 303 of the Laws of Zambia, local Government Act and its By-Laws.
- Main function is to suppress and control communicable diseases by conducting the following:
- Inspection of food premises, such as restaurants, bars, etc., and ensuring that they adhere to the Public Health Act and the food and Drugs Acts.
- Investigation of food poisoning.
- Inspection of human remains for export.
- Inspection of Meat and Meat products mending dairy products.
- Inspection of building including markets, dwelling houses, schools, etc.
- Investigation of public health complaints from residents.
- Control and prevention of communicable diseases.
- Water and quality monitoring
- Control of public nuisances.
Civic Centre, 1st Floor, old wing, along Independence Avenue. You can also call on +260211252941. You can also visit us at the Chelstone Civic Centre Building, Chelstone along Great East Road.